The Cap Times reported today that a “Doctor key to UW abortion plans is leaving for Harvard.” Cap Times article
Very cool, except that the report continues, “ UW Health spokeswoman Lisa Brunette says Dutton’s departure will mean a change in who provides the service, but won’t affect the plans otherwise.”
According to one reader’s comments in online discussion, 90% of the Madison Surgery Center’s staff opposed participating in second trimester abortions.
IN ADDITION to that important observation:
- 68% of all Americans oppose second trimester abortions. (Gallup 2003)
- 51% of Americans oppose abortion at any stage of pregnancy at all. (Gallup 2010)
- Wisconsin State law prohibits the use of state funds for abortion. (WI State Legislature ; No UW Abortions )
- The Hippocratic Oath, used by humanity to define the ethics of medicine, included (for over 2 thousand years) the now-abandoned statement: “I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody if asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy.” (Hippocratic Oath)
- Abortion has numerous harmful effects on the mother, including physical risk, psychological damage, and increased breast cancer risk. Abortion also has effects on a woman’s ability to have successful future pregnancies, and on the psychological well-being of other children born to that mother. (AbortionFacts.com)
So HOW is it that the University of Wisconsin continues to show an interest in providing second trimester abortions?
Does UW Madison defy democracy?
Does UW Madison defy the majority’s accepted standards of ethics and morality?
Does UW Madison defy Wisconsin law?
Does UW Madison fail to distinguish between health CARE and killing?
We people of Wisconsin need to make some phone calls and send some emails!
Find out how to take action right now– NO UW ABORTIONS .com