Join in the Religious Freedom Rally Fri June 9th at noon – information below.
Stand Up for Religious Freedom Rally– Friday, June 8th, at noon. Locations in over 150 cities across the United States.
The Stand Up for Religious Freedom Rally in Madison, WI:
The Contraceptive Mandate
The “Contraceptive” mandate – which is not really about contraception, but about whether President Obama can issue mandates; particularly mandates which violate the freedom of religion of most Americans.
- President Obama declared the addition of a Mandate to ObamaCare which requires Catholic institutions to provide abortion-producing drugs (among other things) to all their employees.
- Most religious pro-life people, including the well-organized United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), led by their President, Cardinal Dolan, objected. They pointed out that the mandate was unconstitutional and violated the fundamental religious freedoms of Americans.
- Obama ignored their concerns, and pretended to compromise while not budging.
- 43 Catholic institutions, including Cardinal Dolan’s Archdiocese of New York, sued the Obama administration.
- The Mainstream (liberal) media blacked out this news, despite its historical and legal significance, and despite the fact that one quarter of Americans are Catholic and 80% of Americans are Christian.
Previous related discussion:
Abortion- a Much Bigger Deal Than You Think
The Cardinal and the President
A Tale of Two Presidents: Timothy and Barak, or Boy, Did Bart Stupak Get Duped!
A Tale of Two Presidents- the Drama Continues
Stand Up For Religious Freedom Rally- Join In! (March 23, 2012)
Madison’s Stand Up For Religious Freedom Rally (Photos) (March 23, 2012) –
The Let’s Sneak Abortion into ObamaCare While Nobody’s Looking Mandate
Cardinal Timothy Dolan for President!