Roe v. Wade Turns 40
Roe v. Wade, the U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion,
was issued on January 22, 1973.
This January 22, 2013, will commemorate
the 40th anniversary of that Supreme Court decision.
To date, 55 million infants have been aborted in the United States, and are missing from our ranks as a nation.
55 million of us were not born, were not baptized, did not graduate, did not marry, did not have children, and did not contribute to the world in all areas, including philosophy, science, art, and religion.
At least one out of 6 Americans is missing. If these children, who would now be 40, also had children, as many as one quarter of all Americans could be missing by now.
One person who escaped abortion very narrowly, yet lived to contribute mind-boggling contributions to our society’s present capabilities, was Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple. What would our world be now, without Steve Jobs?
President Obama is another example of a person who might have been aborted, if Roe v. Wade had been legal at the time he was born. As the black child of a single mother, his chances of being aborted would have been extremely high. 77% of African-American pregnancies are aborted right now, a black child is 5 times as likely to be aborted as a white child.
Numerous potential Presidents may have been aborted in these past forty years.
A Striking Coincidence
President Barack Hussein Obama,
the most radically pro-abortion President in United States history,
will be re-inaugurated on January 21, 2013,
the eve of the 40th anniversary,
of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision.
The Significance of the number 40 for Christians
The number 40 is a very meaningful number in Judeo Christian history.
- During the Old Testament great flood, rain fell for forty nights and forty days, during which all living beings on earth perished, except those on Noah’s ark.
- Spies explored the land of Israel for forty days (Numbers 13).
- The Old Testament Exodus from Egypt lasted 40 years, with the Jewish people wandering the Sinai desert. This period of years represents the time it takes for a new generation to arise.
- Moses’ life is divided into 40 year segments in the Old Testament.
- Eli, Saul, David, and Solomon, Jewish leaders and kings of the Old Testament, ruled for forty years.
- Goliath challenged the Israelites twice a day for forty days before David defeated him.
- Moses spend three consecutive periods of forty days and forty nights on Mount Sinai.
- 40 lashes is one of the punishments meted out by the Sanhedrin.
- Christ fasted and prayed in the desert for 40 days prior to His Temptation, Ministry, Passion, Death and Resurrection.
- Forty days was the period from the Resurrection of Jesus to His Ascension into Heaven.
- Lent consists of the forty days preceding Easter.
Madison Will Commemorate 40 Years with Prayer
Madison will commemorate the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade on January 12, 2013, by praying the rosary on the steps of the Wisconsin State Capitol. This event is sponsored by Pro-Life Wisconsin, Vigil for Life Madison, and the Diocese of Madison.
Details can be found in the flyer pictured below and the PDF flyer here.
January 12th, 2013
11AM at the State Street Steps of the Wisconsin State Capitol
Madison’s Capitol Square
Put It on Your Calendar
Come and Join Us!